Hi. I’m Brenda Boyd. I am a professional photographer serving the Menifee, Murrieta/Temecula, and surrounding areas. I specialize in headshots, people and pet portraits, and special kids! I’m on a quest to to capture the heart and soul of everyday moments, and to find AWE!
My photographic style is simple and uncluttered to capture the magic in everyday moments. Photography is my way of expressing life’s meaning and emotion, and giving others a view into their own heart and soul. I love relating to and connecting with people through my photography.
I have three personal projects that keep me aware of who and what is around me:
“There is magic is in everyday moments, if you pause long enough to notice. It is only when I am still and grounded to the God of Wonder, that I see the awe and wonder of people and life around me!” — Brenda Boyd, Photographer
MY STORY: IN 1ST PERSON
From the time I first set in my hands on a camera, I knew photography was in my future.
The Early Years: At the age of 8, I got an Instamatic camera for Christmas. My curiosity in photography grew, and I started using my dad’s camera. At the age of 12 my parents arranged to have me spend a summer with a long-time friend who was a portraiture photographer. I learned studio and outdoor lighting, posing, darkroom processing, and how to master manual controls on the camera.
All of my life I have been striving to develop my own photographic style. I have played around with a variety of genres, and have taken many courses from Santa Fe Photographic Workshops, including topics on nature, studio lighting, and travel.
It wasn’t until I embraced who I was personally that I was able to own the fact that I really loved photographing people more than anything else. Being honest about my strengths was key.
When I was told that I have a photographic style that captures the magic in everyday moments, I knew that I had found my groove. For me, it’s all about the magic and the love, expressed in the faces of the people who give me the gift of photographing them.
The Vision of Henri Cartier-Bresson
I am motivated by the photographic style and vision of Henri Cartier-Bresson. I am encouraged by what he says in these quotes:
- “Your first 10,000 photographs are your worst.”
- “You just have to live and life will give you pictures.”
- “Photography is nothing–it’s life that interests
Brenda Boyd is a photographer on a quest to to capture the heart and soul of everyday moments, and to find AWE!
Time together is relaxed and fun so the magic of natural expressions and honest reactions come out, giving others a view into their own heart and soul.
- Kindness & Generosity
- Connection & Meaning
- Fun & Laughter
- Dreams & Goals
- Simple and uncluttered.
- Capturing the magic in everyday moments.
Main Focus & Passion
- Headshots that get my clients noticed.
- Special kids photography.
- Pets and their people.
- Portraits of people. Anywhere. Anytime. Any light.
Joy in My Career
- Holding a camera in my hands for over 50 years as I’ve grown my skills, confidence, and inspiration to be a professional photographer.
- Launching Brenda Boyd Photography, a professional photography business in November 2019 in the Menifee, Murrieta/Temecula, and surrounding areas of Southern California.
- Getting accredited by Special Kids Photography of America in order to take the meaning of my photography to a deeper level.
- Having fun with personal projects: Pet Me Forever: The Pets Who Love Their People, 2%: Redhead Headshots, and My face. My heart.
Associations & Membeships
- Professional Photographers of America
- Photo+/WPPI (Wedding & Portrait Photographers, Intl.)
- Special Kids Photography of America
- Peter Hurley’s Headshot Crew
- Peter Hurley Intensive/Intensified, Los Angeles, March 2019
- Photo+/WPPI Expo, Las Vegas, February 2019
- Santa Fe Photographic Workshops, Santa Fe, NM
- Photoshop World, Las Vegas, August 20-23, 2019
- Special Kids Photography of America Accreditation, August, 27, 2019
- Headshot Mania II, Las Vegas, February 2020
- Photo+/WPPI Expo, Las Vegas, February 2020
I’m a Nikon girl!
- Nikon Z6, 24.5-megapixel professional-grade full-frame (FX) digital mirrorless camera
- Nikon D800, 36.3-megapixel professional-grade full-frame (FX) digital single-lens reflex camera
- Nikkor Z 24-70mm f/1.4 – FX mirrorless
- Nikkor 24-120mm f/1.4 ED AF-S – FX
- Nikkor 50mm f/1.4 G AF-S – FX
- Tokina 16-28mm f/2.8 – FX
- Nikkor 28-105mm f/3.5-4.5 D Macro
- Portable Flash
- Nikon Speedlight SB-800
- Studio Lights
- Westcott Peter Hurley Flex LED Mat 4-Light Kit
The People From Whom I’ve Learned
My “gear” also includes the people from whom I’ve learned. These are photographers whose philosophies of imaging move me:
- Sam Abell. I love his quotes. I love his simple, expressive images.
- Bambi Cantrell. I love how she captures real, simple moments. I love her view of photography. I heard her speak at WPPI, and her view of photography as a business resonated with me. She is a Nikon Ambassador.
- Dixie Dixon. I love her simplicity and exactness. I love her quote. I heard her speak at WPPI, and her ease in a photoshoot made the “work” of photography look fun. She is a Nikon Ambassador.
- Peter Hurley of Peter Hurley’s Headshot Crew. It’s because of Peter that I’ve dedicated myself to the specialty of headshot photography.
- Karen Hutton, The Art of Photographic Story Telling.
- Nikon’s NIKKOR 70-200/2.8 S Mirrorless Lens
- Becoming a Nikon Ambassador someday
- A photography studio in my home
“Great pictures don’t come from cameras. Great pictures come from that deep place in the heart and soul of the one who holds the camera.” – Brenda Boyd, Photographer
To connect with me, call 909-583-3033.