Hi. I’m Brenda Boyd. I am a headshot photographer serving the Menifee, Murrieta, and Temecula valley.
If you need a headshot, we’ll work together to get you the headshot look you want. If you’re serious about your career, your LinkedIn profile, your marketing, or your social media presence, you need a professional headshot by a professional headshot photographer.
Headshots, the way I do them, is a radical new idea.
It’s your headshot, so the headshot experience is all about you. In your headshot session, we will create an engaging, interactive headshot experience for you so the magic of your natural expressions and honest reactions comes out. When it does, it gets you noticed.
Many people need a headshot, but frequently people have P.A.S. — Picture Avoidance Syndrome. A common request of a photographer is to help the client look younger, skinnier, and more professional. I believe each person is photogenic, and it is my job to bring that out for you.
I work by appointment only, and only one session a day. By working on an appointment only basis, I can be sure that my clients get the focus they need.
I usually book about 2-4 weeks out. During this COVID-19 crisis, I am making it comfortable to work in a touch-free, outdoor studio.
“Great pictures don’t come from cameras…great pictures come from a place in the heart of the one who holds the camera.”
– Brenda Boyd, headshot photographer
Awards & Recognition
On Thursday, March 5, 2020, Brenda Boyd was awarded Headshot of the Month for February 2020 with Peter Hurley’s Headshot Crew. She is recognized as a Flaming Gun, which means she is a member of the Headshot Crew who is someone to watch out for and who is well on their way to Headshot Crew Associate.
Gotta Have Gear
- Nikon Z6, 24.5-megapixel professional-grade full-frame (FX) digital mirrorless camera
- Nikon Z50, 21-megapixel DX digital mirrorless camera
- Nikkor Z 24-70mm f/1.4 – FX mirrorless
- Nikkor Z 50-250mm f/4.5-6.3 – DX mirrorless
- Nikkor Z 16-50mm f/3.5-6.3 – DX mirrorless
- Nikkor 24-120mm f/1.4 ED AF-S – FX
- Nikkor 50mm f/1.4 G AF-S – FX
- Tokina 16-28mm f/2.8 – FX
- Studio Lights
- Westcott Peter Hurley Flex LED Mat 4-Light Kit
- Westcott FJ400 Strobe Kit
I’m on a relentless pursuit of connecting with people, capturing the magic in natural expressions, and finding AWE! — Brenda Boyd, headshot photographer
The People From Whom I’ve Learned
My “gear” also includes the people from whom I’ve learned. These are photographers whose philosophies of imaging move me:
- Sam Abell. I love his quotes. I love his simple, expressive images.
- Bambi Cantrell. I love how she captures real, simple moments. I love her view of photography. I heard her speak at WPPI, and her view of photography as a business resonated with me. She is a Nikon Ambassador.
- Dixie Dixon. I love her simplicity and exactness. I love her quote. I heard her speak at WPPI, and her ease in a photoshoot made the “work” of photography look fun. She is a Nikon Ambassador.
- Peter Hurley of Peter Hurley’s Headshot Crew. It’s because of Peter that I’ve dedicated myself to the specialty of headshot photography.
- Karen Hutton, The Art of Photographic Story Telling.
My Story in First Person
From the time I first set in my hands on a camera, I knew photography was in my future.
The Early Years
At the age of 8, I got an Instamatic camera for Christmas. My curiosity in photography grew, and I started using my dad’s camera. At the age of 12 my parents arranged to have me spend a summer with a long-time friend who was a portraiture photographer. I learned studio and outdoor lighting, posing, darkroom processing, and how to master manual controls on the camera.
All of my life I have been striving to develop my own photographic style. I have played around with a variety of genres, and have taken many courses from Santa Fe Photographic Workshops, including topics on nature, studio lighting, and travel.
It wasn’t until I embraced who I was personally that I was able to own the fact that I really loved photographing people and animals more than anything else. Being honest about my strengths was key.
When I was told that I have a photographic style that captures something special in everyday moments, I knew that I had found my groove. For me, it’s all about the magic and the love, expressed in the faces of the people who give me the gift of photographing them.
The Vision of Henri Cartier-Bresson
I am motivated by the photographic style and vision of Henri Cartier-Bresson. I am encouraged by what he says in these quotes:
- “Your first 10,000 photographs are your worst.”
- “You just have to live and life will give you pictures.”
- “Photography is nothing–it’s life that interests me.”
- Moving Forward
- I launched Brenda Boyd Photography, a professional photography studio, in 2020 in the Menifee, Murrieta, and Temecula valley in South Riverside County in Southern California. My three interests are people headshots, pet headshots, and special kids photography. I’m accredited by Special Kids Photography of America. My passion and fun is sparked with my personal projects: 2%: Redhead Headshots and Pet Me Forever: When Shelter Pets Find Home.
There is magic is in everyday moments if you pause long enough to notice. –Brenda Boyd, headshot photographer
- Continually Growing
- KelbyOne Photoshop Conference, July 2020
- Peter Hurley’s HeadshotMania2, Las Vegas, February 19-22, 2020
- Special Kids Photography of America Accreditation, August, 27, 2019
- Photoshop World, Las Vegas, August 20-23, 2019
- Peter Hurley Intensive/Intensified, Los Angeles, March 2019
- Photo+/WPPI Expo, Las Vegas, February 2019
- Santa Fe Photographic Workshops, Santa Fe, NM
“It is only when I am still and grounded to the God of Wonder, that I see the awe and wonder of people and life around me!” –Brenda Boyd, headshot photographer