Brenda is a people photographer. Brenda’s photographic style is simple and uncluttered to capture the magic in everyday moments. Photography is her way of expressing life’s meaning and emotion, and giving others a view into their own heart and soul. Brenda loves relating to and connecting with people through her photography, and it shows in the faces of the people who give her the gift of photographing them.
Brenda is a member of Professional Photographers of America, PHOTO+/WPPI, Special Kids Photography of America, Now I Lay Me Down To Sleep, and the American Society of Media Photographers. She is also a member of Peter Hurley’s Headshot Crew.
IN 1ST PERSON
From the time I first set in my hands on a camera, I knew photography was in my future.
The Early Years: At the age of 8, I got an Instamatic camera for Christmas. My curiosity in photography grew, and I started using my dad’s camera. At the age of 12 my parents arranged to have me spend a summer with a long-time friend who was a portraiture photographer. I learned studio and outdoor lighting, posing, darkroom processing, and how to master manual controls on the camera.
All of my life I have been striving to develop my own photographic style. I have played around with a variety of genres, and have taken many courses from Santa Fe Photographic Workshops, including topics on nature, studio lighting, and travel.
It wasn’t until I embraced who I was personally that I was able to own the fact that I really loved photographing people more than anything else. Being honest about my strengths was key.
When I was told that I have a photographic style that captures the magic in everyday moments, I knew that I had found my groove. For me, it’s all about the magic and the love, expressed in the faces of the people who give me the gift of photographing them.
The Vision of Henri Cartier-Bresson
I am motivated by the photographic style and vision of Henri Cartier-Bresson. I am encouraged by what he says in these three quotes: “Your first 10,000 photographs are your worst”, “You just have to live and life will give you pictures”, and “Photography is nothing–it’s life that interests me.”
- Simple and uncluttered.
- Capturing the magic in everyday moments.
Main Focus & Passion
- Headshots that get my clients noticed
- Special kids photography
- People and their pets
- Individuals and couples (engagements, anniversaries, seniors, celebrations)
Joy in My Career
- Holding a camera in my hands for over 50 years as I’ve grown my skills, confidence, and inspiration to be a professional photographer.
- Launching Brenda Boyd Photography, a professional headshot photography business in September 2018 in the Temecula/Murrieta area of Southern California.
- Finding Special Kids Photography of America and Now I Lay Me Down To Sleep in order to take the meaning of my photography to another deeper level.
- Having fun with two personal projects: The Pets Who Love Their People and My Face. My Heart.
- Professional Photographers of America
- Photo+/WPPI (Wedding & Portrait Photographers, Intl.)
- American Society of Media Photographers
- Special Kids Photography of America
- Now I Lay Me Down To Sleep
- Peter Hurley’s Headshot Crew.
Great pictures don’t come from cameras – they come from the heart and soul of the one who holds the camera. – Brenda Boyd
- Peter Hurley Intensive/Intensified, Los Angeles, March 2019
- Photo+/WPPI Expo, Las Vegas, February 2019
- Santa Fe Photographic Workshops, Santa Fe, NM
Future Plans for Growth and Community Building
- Special Kids Photography of America Accreditation, May 2019
- Photoshop World, Las Vegas, August 2019
- Nikon AF-S NIKKOR 70-200mm f/2.8E FL ED VR Lens
- Someday sharing my love through photography as a Nikon Ambassador
- A photography studio with a cement wall painted in different colors, including tangerine