In this post I will answer the five most common questions about headshots.
If you have questions about getting a headshot for your job search, or for your company or social media profile, these answers to five of the most common questions may help you out.
How do I pick a headshot photographer?
- Find a Headshot Pro: Your photographer should be trained and experienced in headshot photography.
- Look At the Results: Look at the photographer’s headshot portfolio to see if you like the results.
- Consider the Packages: Look for packages that give you the option to buy as many images as you want.
What should I expect to pay?
- The Session: A professional headshot session is an investment in you of $250-$1,000, depending on where you live.
- The Images: Expect to pay from $150-$550 for each basic retouched image. Usually clients buy all they want, between 3-20 images.
- Value. Satisfaction. Service.: The value, satisfaction, and service is what differentiates a $100 package from a professional headshot session.
Why do I need a professional headshot?
- #1 Marketing Tool: Your headshot is your #1 marketing tool. It shows your confidence and invites clients to approach you with trust.
- Your Look Matters: Your headshot is often your first introduction, so you want to look good. The expression in your headshot does matter.
- Are You Serious? If you are serious about your your business or profile presence, you need a headshot to communicate that.
How do I prepare for my headshot session?
- Clothes: Wear your favorite outfit to the session, but also bring 2-5 other options. Pick solid colors. You need to feel comfortable.
- Grooming: For the guys, give attention to your hair and facial hair. For the gals, keep make-up natural, and remove jewelry.
- Attitude: Come with an attitude to commit to the experience of creating headshot photos with all kinds of looks. Have fun!
What if I don’t like to be in pictures?
- Stress vs. Your Enjoyment: The headshot photographer you choose should help you go from stress and anxiety, to actually enjoying in your session.
- Trust Your Photographer: You probably don’t know what to do in front of a camera. Trust your photographer to guide you to the looks you want.
- Remember Your Need & Purpose: Remember that your headshot needs to communicate the natural, real you on your website or profile page.
Hi everyone, I’m Brenda Boyd, headshot photographer in the Menifee, Murrieta, and Temecula valley of Southern California.
I specialize in high-end headshots. Headshots of people, headshots of kids, headshots of pets, and even headshots of horses. I love headshots.
One of the main reasons I do headshots is because I love to show people how great they look.
I believe everyone is photogenic, even you!
I hope this post has helped with with your questions about headshots.